Thinking about getting married?
If you are contemplating having a wedding, we would love to discuss it with you. In order to be prepared for that discussion, here are a few things you might find helpful:
- If you are planning a wedding it helps if you have a significant other first.
- The next thing you will need to do is contact the minister to set up an appointment. Contact details are on the contacts page of this web site. The minister will then organize with you a time and date for an interview.
- When you come to your interview you will need to bring your Birth Certificate or Passport. If you are divorced you will need to bring your ‘Decree Absolute’. If you are widowed you will need to bring the death certificate of your previous partner.
- At your first appointment you will complete a “Notice of Intention of Marriage” form. This must be done at least one month and one day before the planned wedding date but can be done up to 18 months before the planned wedding date.
- At this appointment, the minister will also talk with you about your wedding plans, give you a draft copy of the Uniting Church Marriage Service for you to take away and think about, and discuss with you the “Prepare” pre-marital preparation program.
- The “Prepare” questionaire is completed by each partner separately on-line at home. The results will then be sent back to the minister by email, who will then contact you for another appointment to discuss the feedback. Further appointments regarding the “Prepare” material may or may not be needed.
- Further appointments will be needed to finalise the marriage service and other details.
- It will cost you $450.00. This includes the minister, the ‘Prepare’ program and the use of the church. Other items such as sound operator or organist/pianist will incur further costs. Outdoor weddings may incur other costs, responsibilities and liabilities.
May God bless you as you consider this very significant step in your lives together.